new content

Get Refuge From an Abusive Spouse

Get Refuge From an Abusive Spouse

Call an immigration attorney in Houston, TX

If you're an immigrant living in the shadow of an abusive spouse, you may feel trapped and hopeless. But there are legal options for obtaining permanent residency without the support of your spouse. You can turn to The Law Offices of Jose Molina PLLC to petition for residency using the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA).

The VAWA, passed in 1994, provides options for male and female immigrants to seek permanent residency without the assistance or knowledge of their abusive spouse. Our VAWA attorney can examine your case and explain your eligibility and options. You'll work directly with our immigration attorney every step of the way to document your case properly and get the support you need along the way.

Get started by contacting our VAWA law firm in Houston, TX today.

How VAWA can help

VAWA law applies to anyone whose abusive former or current spouse is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. It also applies to children of abusive parents and parents of children who have been abused. By working with our VAWA attorney, you can…

  • Petition to cancel deportation proceedings
  • Apply for a U-visa to work toward permanent citizenship
  • Submit a self-petition for permanent residence for yourself or your child

Find out more about your options when you call our immigration attorney today.